Click here to listen to the podcast
- author and a journalist.
- former Editor of mainstream daily newspapers in Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
- His first novel, The Urban Jungle, was published by Penguin Books in 2011 and he has also co-edited an anthology titled Insider/Outsider.
- Some of his short stories have appeared in translation in German, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese.
- Samrat was the Asian Leadership Fellow from India at the International House of Japan in Tokyo in 2018 and a Chevening Scholar at the University of Westminster, London, in 2019.
- journalistic writings have appeared in Granta in the UK, The Japan Times in Japan, The New York Times online, The Times of India, The Hindu, Outlook Magazine & many others
- early years in Shillong
- memories of the ‘complicated times’ growing up here
- road to journalism & challenges of coming from a small town
- memories of early days in journalism
- his days as editor of major newspapers in Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru
- about his books - The Urban Jungle and ‘Insider/Outsider’.
- Meghalaya turning 50 next year – his thoughts on where we are and where we’re headed?
- Recounting of Meghalaya’s early history
- Things that he misses most about Meghalaya
- Upcoming projects